About the Hardwire HT-2096 Power Cord
This HardWire Kit for your Cobra, Uniden, K40, Radenso Whistler Radar Detector or BlackVue Dashcam is 8 feet in length and has an inline fuse so 12 Volt "ignition" power can be safely obtained from the nearest source. No more flat, shiny phone cord. Instead, a tight, protective sheathing with texture that looks factory, just like our MirrorTap Power Cords. DIY'ers: Our installation instructions include the Step-by-Step VoltMeter process for determining the +12V Switch and Ground harness slots. Others: Visit your Dealer or local Car Audio Shop for installation.
This BlendMount Kit includes everything needed for a professional looking installation:
- 8' Long Power cable w/DC connector and inline 2A fuse (replaceable)
- (2) 5" Wire-ties
- Installation instructions
Compatible Radar Detectors with DC Plug
- Cobra: RAD 500G, SPX 7800BT, SPX 7700, SPX 6700, SPX 5500/5400/5300, SRX 9700/9570/9470/9370, iRAD 900/950, RAD 450/350/250
- Uniden: LRD750, DFR3, DFR5, DFR1
- K40 Electronics: RSL2, RD950
- Radenso: Pro M, Pro SE, Pro
- Whistler: CR68, CR73, CR88, CR93, CR95, CR97, Z-11R, Z-15R, Z19R, MFU440
- Blackvue: DR900S, DR750S, DR650S, DR490
|Instruction Sheet||Click to Download|
VoltmeterHow do you check voltage with a Voltmeter?
Guidelines on Using a Voltmeter to Locate Power and Ground
1. First set your voltmeter to the continuity setting (should beep when you touch the red and black probes together, telling you they are shorted).
2. Find a ground on the car somewhere, like a bolt under the dash, or a metal cross member.
3. Put the black probe on that ground, and touch the back of each exposed wire connector in the mirror harness with the red probe.
4. For each wire that beeps, that means that wire is grounded. Turn the ignition to the on position, then back to off, and make sure it beeps regardless of ignition position.
5. Put the voltmeter into VDC mode, to measure DC volts, turn the ignition to the on position.
6. Put the black probe on the ground wire found in #4.
7. Touch each of the wires in that harness with the red probe, and note which one(s) gives you +12-14 volts, turn the ignition off to verify that the volt readings go down to zero or close to zero.
8. That should define which two ports in that harness into which you would plug the MirrorTap, the black Prong into #4 above, and the Red to #7.
Disclaimer: J28 DESIGN INC. will not be held responsible for any damage to, interference with, or malfunction of your vehicle's electrical system resulting from installation or use of the MTPC. Consult with your vehicle's dealer for any questions about your vehicle's electrical system. If you do not agree to these terms, do not use this product and return it for a full refund. If you are unable to use a voltmeter we recommend taking your vehicle to an auto stereo install shop.
LIMITED WARRANTY FOR BLENDMOUNT® CUSTOMER
To obtain warranty service, return the affected component(s) with proof of purchase, at your expense, within the limited warranty period to J28 Design.
J28 Design, manufacturer of BlendMount brand mounts and accessories ("Products") that are purchased through the BlendMount Online Store or an authorized dealer will be free from factory defects, under normal use and service, for a period of one year starting from the date that is the earlier of retail sale and delivery, or installation. This limited warranty covers only Products; labor is not covered. This limited warranty does not cover defects or damage due to abuse, misuse or improper installation. This warranty applies to Products that you or an authorized BlendMount dealer have installed, but only for defects in manufacturing - not conditions caused by the improper installation.
The remedy for breach of this limited warranty is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of any BlendMount brand Product that proves to be defective, and does not extend or create liability for consequential damages, costs or expenses, including loss of time, inconvenience, or loss of use of the vehicle to which the Product is installed. Any implied warranty, including warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, is expressly limited to the duration of this limited one-year Product warranty, or to the shortest duration permitted by the laws in your state.
DO NOT USE THIS MOUNT IF THE RADAR DETECTOR CREATES AN UNSAFE VIEWING OBSTRUCTION.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MODIFY THESE PRODUCT. CONSULT THE MANUFACTURER, J28 DESIGN, INC. FOR ASSISTANCE.
You are encouraged to contact email@example.com or call J28 Design at 1-888-497-8388 for assistance and further information.
2-Year Extended Warranty (Optional)The MirrorTap 2-Year Extended Warranty begins once your original warranty has expired. The Extended Warranty ends (3) three years from the date on your invoice and/or proof of purchase. There is no upgrade on products. We will replace the broken component only and not the entire MirrorTap.
Applicable SKUs: HT-2096
HT | DC Plug